Energy Improvement Rebates
50% Off up to $2500 on Insulation, Air Sealing, Spray Foam, and AEROSEAL!
Currently, all of the Maryland Electric Utilities are offering rebates for homeowners to upgrade the efficiency of their homes by implementing improvements including insulation, air sealing, spray foam and AEROSEAL duct sealing. These energy rebates are made possible by Maryland’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program that was instituted as part of the EmPower Maryland Initiative. Below you can find a list of eligible projects and eligibility requirements for taking advantage of the available rebates.
Eligible Home Energy Improvement Projects
The following services that we offer are typically eligible for the rebate:
Eligibility RequirementsWhile all of the Electric Utilities collaborate on the implementation of the program, each utility has slightly different incentives and requirements. Atlas Home Energy Solutions is a member of the following programs:
In general, all three of the Maryland Utilities require the following steps to qualify and apply for a rebate:
- Complete a Home Energy Audit – The home energy audit must be completed with an approved Utility Contractor like Atlas Home Energy Solutions. The company that completed the home energy audit does not need to be the same company that completes the improvements.
- Create a Project Scope that meets BPI (Building Performance Institute) Standards – The entire scope of energy improvements completed on a home that is receiving a Utility rebate must comply with BPI standards. These include:
- Completing Improvements through a Top Down Approach – You must complete attic improvements before or in conjunction with basement/crawlspace improvements
- Remediating Health and Safety Issues before Air Sealing – You must take care of issues like improperly routed bathroom exhaust fans, inadequate ventilation, or carbon monoxide hazards before completing any work that will make the house tighter.
- Meet utility Savings to Investment Ratio Requirements – All improvements must be modeled for their potential energy savings through Electric Utlity energy modeling software. The total project must meet a minimum standard of Savings to Investment (SIR) as set by the Utility.
- Complete Home Energy Improvements – All improvements must be completed by an approved Utility Contractor like Atlas Home Energy Solutions
- Complete a Test Out inspection – The test out includes a Blower Door test and Combustion Safety Testing similar to the home energy audit. This inspection is performed by Atlas to ensure that the improvements met the Utility Program requirements and to ensure that no health or safety issues were created.
- Complete and Submit a Rebate Application – Atlas will complete all of the required documentation and submit the rebate application for customers who complete work with us.
- Receive a Rebate from the Utility – Rebates are mailed directly to homeowners. On average, it takes between 8 to 12 weeks from the submission of the application to receive a rebate.