Comprehensive Home Energy Auditor
We are currently seeking charismatic in home sales professionals to join our team as a Comprehensive Home Energy Auditor. Experienced candidates interested in finding consistent and reliable work with a company that provides long term career growth opportunities should apply.
Compensation and Benefits Offered
Atlas offers a comprehensive compensation and benefit package including:
- Full Time Salaried Position with annual earnings in the low to mid $40k
- Paid Sick and Vacation Days
- Holiday Pay
- Company Subsidized Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Sponsored Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan – 401K with Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
- Company provided tools and vehicles
- Continuous Technical and Non-Technical Skills Training
As a Comprehensive Home Energy Auditor, successful candidates will be responsible for designing and selling solutions for home energy and comfort problems to Maryland Homeowners. In addition, auditors are responsible for educating homeowners on utility sponsored home energy improvement rebate programs and whole home energy improvement services, and installing simple “direct install” energy saving products like LED light bulbs and high efficiency water saving devices. Specifically, daily responsibilities include:
- Complete Home Energy Audits, Test Outs, and Estimates.
- Work 8 to 10 hours per day starting at 7:00am five days per week including occasional Saturdays.
- Operate a company vehicle daily to reach appointments within 1 hour of Frederick. Total daily driving of up to 100 miles.
- Establish a rapport with customers through in-person interaction.
- Identify customer’s home energy needs and priorities.
- Complete Diagnostic testing including: Blower Door Testing, Infrared Camera Inspection, Combustion Safety Testing, HVAC testing and assessments.
- Visually inspect all interior and exterior spaces in a home and Crawlspaces and Attics for energy deficiencies. Will not need to go onto roofs.
- Diagnosis causes and design solutions for home energy deficiencies and comfort problems.
- Provide education on Maryland Home Performance with ENERGY STAR home energy improvement rebate programs.
- Provide education on whole home energy improvement services.
- Update Home Energy Audit Reports and Home Improvement Proposals. Will not be responsible for creating these documents.
- Review Home Energy Audit Reports and Home Improvement Proposals with customers.
- Sell whole home energy improvement services to meet monthly sales goals.
- Complete required appointment documentation on iPad.
- Use customer database software to record appointment sale information.
- Provide top quality customer service to all homeowners.
- Install CFL/LED Light Bulbs, High Efficiency Faucet Aerators/Shower Heads, and Hot Water Pipe Insulation.
- BPI Building Analyst Certification is required for this position
- 2 Years of In Home Sales Experience
- 2 Years of Home Energy Diagnostic Testing Experience
- Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check – No felonies or violent misdemeanors allowed
- Technical Skills Required
- Ability to Install High Efficiency Faucet Aerators and Showerheads
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word
- Ability to use an iPad for documentation
- Non-Technical Skills/Traits Required
- Speak English
- Charismatic individual who can develop a rapport with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Effective Communication of Technical/Scientific Concepts
- Self motivated person who thrives in both small team and independent work environments
- Passionate about sales, energy efficiency, or helping customers improve their homes and lives
Please fill out the form below and someone from our staff will be in touch with you.